1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SWR Goliath II Speaker Replacement

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by enjoyfebruary, Jul 2, 2014.

1. I know this topic has been covered in regards to the Goliath JR (2x10) but I am looking for info about the 4x10. Here is what I would like to know:

A - I have the 8ohm version of the cab. What is the individual speaker impedance for this cab?
    B - Based on A, what drop in replacements should I be looking for?

These PAS speakers seem to be hard to find and I need a functioning cab for shows whilst I get my bad speaker re-coned (at some point). Basically I'm looking for a well available speaker that is drop in compatible. Thanks!

2. I have had very good results with the Eminence Legend BP102's (about $80 each) as a replacement for the impossible to get PAS originals in my Goliath III Jr. I cannot advise about your impedance, but the Eminence legends are available with 16 or 8 ohms voice coils. They sound warm, deep and punchy to my ears. But they are heavy.

3. spaz21387

spaz21387

Feb 25, 2008
    Portland oregon
    the pas is impossible to find I found some on tb and I scooped em up you have to get lucky or try eBay. Id suggest replacing them with the emimnece basslite s2010

4. Can't help you on a recommendation but I'd bet good money they are 8ohm speakers wired in series/parallel. Open it up to find out how it's wired, easy to see and understand.

5. Well I finally was able to replace the busted PAS in my SWR Goliath II. Swapped with an Eminence BP102-8. Sounds fine. Definitely less high end but I can live with it. Most of the tone is still coming from the three PAS speakers so I feel like it's not a huge deal. I noticed another speaker that is starting to get a little farty now that the blown one isn't glaringly obvious. Still torn between having the original re-conned or just getting another BP102. Anyway, just wanted to follow up.

Dan

10403843_10152297390766504_9084857373270732171_o.

6. Jaco who?

Jaco who?

May 20, 2008
    I'd just go ahead and get three more. The other ones probably have pretty different specs than the BP102s. Sort of a pay me now or pay me later sort of thing.

7. BTW. I did FINALLY hear back from SWR. The drivers in the 8ohm Goliath II 4x10 are 8ohm.