SWR Goliath III vs. EBS 410

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jock, Jan 24, 2003.

1. jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Has anyone A/B ed these cabs?
    How do they compare in the real world (not specs)?
    How do they handle the lows?
    Im most intereseted in comments on the EBS as I have found one used. How is its lowend response?
  2. RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    I can only comment on the EBS, since I own one. It's a very aggressive sounding (read: loud) cab that's very transparent!

It's very good in the lows, even though the stats say it's frequency range goes down to 70 Hz. Quite frankly, I'd put it up against other cabs that boast lower specs.
  3. Amoilbasso

Apr 22, 2000
    I've sold a Goliath3 to get an Ebs 4x10.

Ebs is much more solid sounding,it has a tighter,stronger attack and it is more natural,hi-fi sounding(while SWR tends to colour the sound of the bass:you know that typical Hysssss).Swr is great for slap,but its attack is too much smooth while playing fingerstyle:there's a lack of mids,that I was always trying to compensate with my compressor.
    And above all:my Goliath's speakers got broken after few moths of playing with an Eden Wt500:I think this is because SWR heads are too much smooth and gentle,while Eden are so powerfull sounding.
    The only reason why I could suggest Swr instead of EBS,is that may be SWR is a little bit better on low-end