SWR goliath jr. Power handling

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Dean_CustomJazz, Apr 9, 2002.

1. Dean_CustomJazz

Dean_CustomJazz Guest

Jan 23, 2002
    I own a hartke 3500, and was wondering if it could work with a 4ohm swr goliath jr. Meaning all 350 watts will go through. What volume level will it handle, and how loud will it be (per feet in a dance hall) Last thing i want to do is over power it and clip it.
  2. How loud would it be? Quite loud. Will you be able to fill a dance hall with bass? Probably not. Two 10 inch speakers just don't move enough air to fill a dance hall. You'll need at least a 4x10 cab for that. Better yet, 2x10's and 2x15's or an 8x10 box. If there's a good PA you can patch in to, that'll do it too.
  3. jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    when i run my 4 ohm goliath jr with one side of my poweramp, it's loud enough for most gigs that i play.

however, for the big gigs - no way. it needs that triad underneath it for it to ROCK.
  4. Dean_CustomJazz

Dean_CustomJazz Guest

Jan 23, 2002
    How would an avatar 410 handle? I've heard nothing but good things about them. Not to mention the 410 is capable of 1200 watts, and im sure 350 watts at 4 ohms would be ok (for the 4 ohm version).
    In your oppinion, what do you think is better?
    Hartke Ha3500+swr goliath jr. 2x10 (4/8ohm)
    Hartke Ha3500+Avatar 4x10 (4ohm)
    ????? HELP!??????
  5. I don't know. Avatar is a wild card. They spec out pretty good, but specing isn't hearing and I've never heard one.