Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SWR goliath jr. questions

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by stringsmith, Jan 29, 2006.

1. stringsmith

stringsmith

Apr 7, 2005
    Hey guys, I have a SWR goliath jr I bought new in the late 80's it is the first model, that came with eden speakers. Well I had the speakers reconed by SWR about 5 years ago and since then the cab is weaker sounding than it was and often farts out. I'm playing it through a Redhead 240w model and the Redhead speakers are far richer and louder than the jr. cab. Ive checked polarity and it is correct. I'm thinking of removing the speakers and loading it with some 300w carvin neo 10's 8ohm. Will that work or do I need 4 ohm speakers? I'm not to knowledgeable with this ohms thing. I would like to make it stronger so I can use it when I get a new amp (T-Funk) I can't even remember the original wattage or ohm rating of the thing because the rear panel paper has since worn off. Does anyone know? What is best for running 2 cabs? sorry for the plethora of ?'s but there seems to be a huge knowledge base on this forum and I want to learn. Thanks Don from VA.

2. chadds

chadds

Mar 18, 2000
    There's a mint one at Atomic Music College Pk. I know I sold it to them. Mint with Eden speaks.