1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD SWR Goliath Junior III (2x10) and Son of Bertha (1x15)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by jmattbassplaya, Apr 10, 2016.

1. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya Supporting Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Price:
    Hey guys,

Up for sale/trade is my SWR rig. It's comprised of a Goliath Junior III 2x10 and a Son of Bertha 1x15 (both are 8ohms). These sound fantastic together as well as separate. I got into SWR gear because I wanted punch from my cabs that you would actually feel in your chest and stomach, and these deliver that!

Both are plenty loud by themselves for rehearsal, and together they make a great gig rig. Their tone is both warm yet snappy, and wide yet focused. I dig them a lot, but I've decided that a single 4x10 is the route I want to go for my rig. Both are in fine cosmetic condition and perfect working condition.

Asking: $375 each or I will go $650 for both
    Trades: I'm interested in an Aguilar 4x10 DB or GS

Please note that I want to keep these local to the Atlanta area, but I am willing to drive somewhat for a sale.

Thanks! SWR 1.JPG SWR 2.JPG SWR 3.JPG SWR 4.JPG SWR 5.JPG SWR 6.JPG SWR 7.JPG SWR 8.JPG

Joshbazz and kwdhsk like this.
  2. bassfreakah

bassfreakah

Mar 26, 2011
    Endorsing Artist Ernie ball strings
    I have used a SON OF A BERTHA for years by itself. up on a amp box or something to get it off the floor. I like the sound of it so much i put my 210 under the BERTHA and use it that way for big gigs. It is a wonderful cabinet and small enough to carry by yourself. This one looks in great shape too.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2016
    The Nameless and jmattbassplaya like this.
  3. rmayer

rmayer Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2008
    Boynton Beach, FL
    GLWTS. I used to have the same setup years ago. jmattbassplaya isn't kidding when he says that these are clean and LOUD cabs. The 210 was nice but the son of bertha was very sweet by itself. I swapped out the 210 for a Goliath 410 because, well, I was angry at my eardrums that summer. Ha! That was a bit louder, and just at ear level.
    Seriously, this combo is all you should need. Someone should grab it.

4. Chihun

Chihun

Feb 12, 2017
    Are they still available?

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 16, 2021