Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SWR Goliath Sr. Vs. Henry 8*8

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Cantstandsya, Jul 29, 2001.

1. Cantstandsya

Cantstandsya

Jul 27, 2001
    Fontana, CA
    Anybody play either of these . I've heard the Goliath Sr. ,but I would really like some feedback on the Henry. Does it have enough low end . Will it be loud enough with my SM400s. Suggestions?

2. I'll bite. The Henry 8x8 is MADE for the SM 400-S
    Wattage ratings match and the amps eq. is perfect for the Henry. 500 watts really gets the 8x8 pumping. Solid fundamental, punchy mids, wide freq. range. Cabinet and speakers are tuned lower then the Goliath Sr.

Ask SWR.
    Kelly the web support guy plays with this rig and can help you out. Quote: "- I have used this exact system (SM-400S & Henry 8x8) myself for the last 9 years, and wouldn't trade it for anything."
    Best Regards,
    Kelly/SWR

I have the same system, with a Goliath Jr. for practice and rehearsal. The SM400-S and Henry 8x8 gives me my signiture sound. And believe me I a picky SOB. It WILL give you the loudest and best tone possible out of your
    SM400-S.

E-mail me if you have any questions.

3. I've always wanted an 8x8. Do you really get enough bottom from one of those or would you want a 1x15 as well? Can you move them easily yourself?

4. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    The Sr., as you probably know, is a killer cab. I run mine with a Bass 750 and it's suitable for just about any size room up to a medium-large club.

5. coyoteboy

coyoteboy easy there, Ned Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Sactomato, CA
    I always thought it odd that the 8's used in the Henry were only rated at 60 watts. Beffier 8's could certainly be found, and then the 8x8 could compete with the Sr. in terms of power handling. Just a thought.

6. captainpabst

captainpabst

Mar 18, 2001
    Tennessee
    i run a bass 750 thru an 8x8 and it rules. i haven't heard anything i've liked better. it handles the low B just fine.