Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SWR heads and cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by PinkTelephone, Feb 20, 2004.

1. I'm looking at buying new amps soon and i was interested highly in SWR's because i know alot of people like em, i have a hartke set up right now and i just wanted anyone to tell me what swrs might sounds lik. i live more then an hour away from the closest music shop and i don't want to waste my time driving there to buy stuff i don't want.... I just want to knwo if i can get really nice warm lows outta swrs, i don't liek high sounds out of a bass, i want really nice low, thanks for the time that anyone takes to read this. :confused: :help:

2. my swr cant give you the best warm lows but it does good its best at clanky sounds that i love.

3. Sounds like you would hate SWR. They're known for good lows I suppose, but also for very strong highs; when I've played them, I noticed the highs MUCH more than the lows. I would place SWR's sound as much more "modern" or "transparent" than "warm". You'd probably prefer something like Eden, Aguilar, or Ampeg over an SWR (much like I do). YMMV.

That was the politically correct, nonbiased answer. My opinion is that the SWR sound is clicky, trebly crap and while it's pro gear, it's about as far from "my" sound as possible. The only SWR product I've even remotely liked was a Redhead combo, and I only barely liked it.