SWR Henry 8x8 replacement tweeter?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Chef, Jun 18, 2005.

1. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    The tweet on my Henry 8x8 is toast. Diamond shped like most, it's rather small- measuring 2 3/4 at the mounting holes, and 3 1/8 at the mounting holes. I play primarily upright, so I only need to dial in a little help from the tweeter to help accentuate finger and string noise. I do play electric sometimes too though, but all fingerstyle jazz, blues, r&b...
    What do y'all recommend for a replacement tweeter? The cab is 4 ohms, anyone know what ohms the tweeter needs to be?

Peerless 811647 1" silk dome might be good?

Eminence APT 80 Super tweeter?

Vifa fabric Dome?

Audax, that someone said was like acme and accugroove?
  2. cgworkman

May 14, 2004
  3. Doug Parent

Doug Parent Supporting Member

May 31, 2004
    San Diego, Ca.
    Dealer Nordstrand Pickups.
    The LeSon tweeter is what SWR uses for the cabinet. It only requires a primitive cross-over (which would have to be replaced if you got a different -larger tweeter.) The exisiting cross-ver components are hot glued to the back of the input panel on the SWR speaker cabinets using those LeSon tweeters. Not to mention the fact that most tweeters are larger than the LeSon making replacement tricky if not impossible. taking all that into account:

I'd contact customer service at SWR, I went that route when I needed and new one, and they sent me one for like $15.....easiest and cheapest fix for your given situation. Have fun.
  4. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    Thanks TN...
  5. Whump

Sep 19, 2010
    Portland, OR
    Zombie thread, but I am on this very hunt myself at the moment and wanted to link another thread I found :

The Combo SWR Should Have Made... | TalkBass.com

Sounds like he had good results replacing his LeSon piezo with a Monacor HT-30 horn. (In a Baby Blue combo, but same LeSon as far as I can tell.)
    99Z3 likes this.