SWR Henry Jr

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Geoff St. Germaine, Mar 9, 2002.

1. I am looking at an extension cab for my Super Redhead. Does anyone use a Henry Jr 4x8 cab? I realize they are discontinued, but I would be looking to pick up a used one. How do you find they compare to the Henry 8x8? I played a Henry the other day, and it is just what I would like to add to my Super Redhead. The only problem is that it is a 480 watt cab. That would only give me 450 watts of power into 830 watts of speakers, which would appear to me to be asking for some speaker destruction. That is where the Henry Jr comes in. I would estimate it to handle 240-300 watts, which would be more reasonable for my amp. And hopefully it is a similar sounding cabinet to its Dad.

2. farboozle

Apr 18, 2000
    Fairfax VA
    I also loved the 8x8 tone, so I asked the same thing about the little one. However, the responses I got were not very encouraging, atributing much less low end to the junior. However, I didn't hear with my own ears . . . just thought I'd throw some hearsay in.
  3. leper

Jun 21, 2001
    the cab handling more wattage than youre delivering will not be a problem in and of itself. Its not worth the time and effort to track downa jr...just rock henry :)

what i want is a henry sr...a 10 or 12x8 in an 8x10 form factor...if they put that out id buy one in a heartbeat
  4. That is actually what I secretly thought about the Herny Jr. Well, I guess I will keep searching.

Perhaps I can go try out a Henry with the Super Redhead and see what happens. Isn't that just the answer to almost everything.