Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SWR Henry the 8x8 for sale or trade

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Tim Cole, Oct 7, 2002.

1. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Hate to do it, but I am going to have to pass on my great henry. He has seen some rough and tough shows in his day, the cigarette burns on top, and the tear on the bottom, and a couple other nicks are there to prove it. But ol' Henry still sounds and works as good as it did in its earliest of times. This is a swr eng cab, but I bought the new chrome swr sound grille. I have the old black speckled looking one still, and the buyer is welcome to it, but it is pretty dented up/bowed, you name it. The cab is located in NW Ohio, and would REALLY prefer someone to come pick it up, but if you know how to, and are willing to pay for it, I will ship. Lets make this interesting......send me an email at Racer48m@aol.com with an offer, or trade. I'm not really interested in amps, cabs, or effects, but will entertain offers of basses, and pretty much basses only. Something of the ernie ball (any condition) brand would really tickle my fancy. PS., if you'd like to hear a MP3 of this henry recorded (WARNING: HEAVY ROCK), send me an email. Yahoo and hotmail for some reason will not let me send mp3's, sorry.....but I will try for any others.

2. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Still for sale, come on guys...this is a great cab....make an offer!

3. Is this cab still available? How long have you had it and what state are the drivers in? What amp was used to power it?
    Thanks...

4. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Sorry, forgot to update this thread....some nice fella got a heck of a deal on it at $365. Sorry

5. Doh! Can you give me any feedback on the Henry? What didn't you like about it...enough deep booty for you or no?
    Thanks.

6. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Trust me, the Henry is HUGE on the booty, unbelieavably so for 8" speakers. I didn't like the low 480 watt power rating, never had any problems with it, but still like a little more room to play. The tweeters in them are also pretty cheap, my bass 750 ate a couple of them, at low volumes. I opted for the 1000 watt goliath senior, much louder, and the foster horn rocks. Although, 2 of the drivers out of that are being repaired right now too. Love the SWR sound, but have been having some tough luck with them.