Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SWR Interstellar Overdrive and Raven Labs MDB-01 for sale

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by jasonbraatz, Jul 28, 2005.

1. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    Just bought an Aguilar DB-680 bass preamp and need to unload my old preamp stuff fast!

SWR Interstellar Overdrive

The only way you will get better rock bass tone is with a 70's SVT. Tons of meaty tubeyness, cuts through ANYTHING, great clean tone and KILLER distortion. Pair this thing up with a Jazz or Precision and you can hurt people. This is not an effect unit - it's a full, standalone preamp.

SWR Product page: http://swrsound.com/products/search.php?partno=4405100000
    Basstasters.com samples: http://basstasters.com/preamps/swriod.htm

Mine is about 3 years old, the newer chrome face one, and has had its tubes upgraded to a set of JJ/Teslas. Has normal rack rash on the top of the unit but still looks new from the front and back. The blend pot gets scratchy every couple of months for some reason but twisting it back and forth a few times always clears it up. I have the footswitch as well which I never used, which lets you cut the power tube stage in and out.

Paid $700 for mine new. I'll let it go for $500 or best offer.

Raven Labs MDB-01

http://raven-labs.com/pages/products/mdb1/mdb1.html

This thing is awesome because It will let you plug in multiple basses / guitars to one head, adjust their input gain individually, mute everything before the PA's DI, and if your amp doesn't have a tuner send you can use the aux send for a tuner send. The DI is better sounding than anything your average soundguy would want to plug you into. Takes a pair of 9 volts which I have had to change twice in the two years I have owned this.

The guy who ran Raven Labs retired in February so these are going to be few and far between.

I will include a rack shelf if you want.

MSRP was $300. $150 takes it, obo.

These prices will include shipping to anywhere in the 48 states. Anywhere else I'll happily ship but it will cost extra.

[​IMG]

IOD is in the 3rd rack space, MDB is the white 1/3 rack box on the left. Sorry I don't have better pictures right now but my computer with all the pictures on it is packed up for moving.

I'm going to be out of town doing shows this weekend, so email me if you're interested.

2. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    Back in town, let me know if you need more info or anything on either one.

3. Dr. PhunkyPants

Dr. PhunkyPants Guest

Aug 11, 2002
    USA
    Did you happen to list the Raven Labs unit over on the upright side of TB? I think those guys would tend to put it to good use as piezo and mic blender.

I love Raven Labs gear. I have no use for that item, but I want it anyway, simply because the quality is so awesome, it's pratically art.

In fact, why not just hold onto it?

4. 5bassman

5bassman Supporting Member

May 4, 2005
    Kennesaw,GA
    pm sent on Raven Labs

5. 5bassman

5bassman Supporting Member

May 4, 2005
    Kennesaw,GA
  6. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    Crap. Sorry MichaelVee emailed me first about it while I was out of town so I agreed to sell the raven labs box to him today before seeing your messages 5bassman.

Anyways, why don't I keep it? I don't have any use for it and I can't really see any situation where I would. It's really ****ing awesome but I've got the Aguilar on the way and it lets me quickly switch between two basses, and has a great DI, so it replaces the MDB.

Also, I'm dropping the IOD to $425 shipped, with footswitch.

7. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

PM sent

8. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    I sent a PM and email and have not heard back from you. Still up for grabs until I get a return email.

9. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Done. Sorry, had gigs Friday and all day Saturday!