Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SWR Interstellar Overdrive (blue face)

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by mikezimmerman, Aug 8, 2004.

1. SWR Interstellar Overdrive preamp, the older model with the blue/silver faceplate. In very good condition, just a few typical rackmount scratches and marks on the knobs. Sounds great, with plenty of old-school warmth and grind, just not quite the sound I'm looking for.

Asking $350 including shipping, or will consider interesting trades, especially towards a Demeter single-space preamp.

Mike

2. NINO3000

NINO3000

Feb 10, 2004
    Mount Vernon NY
    Can you post more info on thatHow many watts etc.

3. The Interstellar Overdrive is a preamp, so "watts" isn't really the right question. However, it is a little unusual in that it has an onboard 4- or 5-watt tube power amp that can power a speaker directly, or just be used for overdrive/distortion effects.

From the SWR website:

The manual is available here:
    http://www.swrsound.com/products/ownersmanuals/interstellarod.pdf

Thanks!

4. HopHead

HopHead

Aug 23, 2004
    Is it still available?
    Any pics you could email me?
    Thanks in Advance,
    Rob

5. Yes, it's still available. I don't have any pics handy, but could take some. What do you want to see?

Mike

6. HopHead

HopHead

Aug 23, 2004
    Just a good shot of the front would be great! Not worried about rackmount scratches top and bottom... just curious what you mean by marks on the knobs.

Been playing thru a Trace GP12SMX into a Mackie 1440i for about five years now, and I am a bit weary of the "Trace" sound and am ready to add some serious TUBE in front of the Mackie.

7. Well, the knobs are matte silver, so any sort of mark or ding shows. Not sure it's really enough to see in a photo, though. Sonce you haven't made your email address visible, I'm attaching them here.

Mike