Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SWR LA 15

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by oversoul, May 16, 2004.

1. oversoul

oversoul fretless by fate

Feb 16, 2004
    Portugal
    Just looking for some input about this little combo, its damn cheap for SWR stuff :eek: I'll be waiting in my little hole now..thx :bag:

2. oversoul

oversoul fretless by fate

Feb 16, 2004
    Portugal
    Gee, a lot of people tried this amp, I can't go trough all these replies.. :(

3. Aristotle

Aristotle

May 12, 2002
    Easton, MD
    I have the older version and its pretty mediocre. I got it for 220 after some bargaining so I feel like I got my moneys worth. It's hardly loud enough for gigging with but with a boost pedal it gets the job done. The cab on the older model is much bigger than it has to be and makes for a hard time getting around but its not too heavy and the tone isn't bad. It's been beaten around a lot with my old band and it beat me right back I suppose. Overall, I'd say its worth it if you need something to kick around and still put out what it can, so if you can get it cheaper than 300, go for it.

4. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    if you like swr I'd recommend the "workingman" line of swr combos. the LA line is their cheapest line. the workingman is midline and o.k. for intermediates and non-picky players, tonewise that is. the workingman has moderate power for a combo and tghe LA ratings might be inflated.

I had a wm-10 and liked it at the time, sometimes I wish I had a wm-12, nice tone I think.

5. I've got one (bought for $250) and really, really like it. Sure, it's not going to beat the pants off of a high-end separate amp-cab setup, but I like it because it's not too heavy, sounds loud enough, and I can get a tone I really like out of it. It's nice to haul around to practices. Basic combo - and worth the price (as long as you're paying less than $300). I also like the minimalistic design of it.