Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SWR LA 15

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by matito, Sep 26, 2005.

1. has anyone played a SWR LA 15 combo?

i can get one pretty cheap off ebay, and none of my local guitar shops around me stock SWR gear. (i live in australia)

does it sound good? i know SWR make some good stuff
    will it perform well with small gigs?

thanks

2. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    the "LA" series of SWR stuff is their entry level gear. The Workingman is their mid-line and then there is their "pro" line of gear. I don't know what "working-pro" line means, but if you will be playing with others and especially drums I go into at least the workingman 15 combo or higher. if your serious about your commitment to bass playing, eventually you'll need more power than the LA or maybe even the WM-15. I was up to a SWR Bass 350 and two Bass Monitor 12 wedges before I shifted away from SWR.

If you fill out your profile abit people who look at it can help understand where you are coming from if they know your gear, experience, music tastes, budget, etc...

happy hunting for gear! and remember Try before you buy, don't just take someones word for it unless you have money to burn...

3. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    The LA-15 isn't a very nice sounding amp. Trust me, I had one, and it sucked. It made a nice cat-scratching post, though.

4. FunkSlap89

FunkSlap89

Apr 26, 2005
    Albany, NY
    I think it is good for the price. I got mine for 125 USD off ebay... i mean, i plan to upgrade fairly soon, but it has done its job. It is quite loud...