1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SWR LA series?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by fetfet, Sep 20, 2008.

1. fetfet

fetfet

Apr 13, 2008
    Toronto, ON
    Looking for a good loud amp to practice and rehearse with drummer and guitarist. Looking at the LA15, sounds amazing when i played it, it's also super loud, but will it hold up against guitar and drums? Any other suggestions? If there are other options in the same-ish price range, please inform me.

2. Owned it. Played with it live at smaller bars.

3. fetfet

fetfet

Apr 13, 2008
    Toronto, ON
    Was the sound quality good?

It looks like a good amp, but I'm worried about it not reaching my earholes.

4. I liked it, but sold it to buy 10's. I wish i would have keep it. I never had any problems with it. I bought for $275.If you have more to spend i would look at a head and cabinet like aqoustics.

5. SpankyPants

SpankyPants That's Mr. SpankyPants to you.

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    I've heard that they perform poorly in loud situations.

6. Jim Carr

Jim Carr Dr. Jim Gold Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Denton, TX or Kailua, HI
    fEARful Kool-Aid dispensing liberal academic card-carrying union member Musicians Local 72-147
    Not loud.

Find a used Goliath II 4x10 (or maybe a Goliath III) and most any head. Upgrade the head later.

7. Well, would it be able to keep up with a drummer just like jamming in a basement? (im also looking into these amps)

8. casio

casio

Aug 1, 2007
    Croatia
    I owned it a while back. I had a 1 year warranty on it and managed to use that free repair service 4x in 12 months, and one after, which made me throw the thing away in the end.
    I owned the LA15 and was thrilled at first, and it did get loud, but it just couldnt stay loud for long so it couldnt work for anything other than practicing alone.
    I would reccomend to check some other stuff. SWR or otherwise, there's better gear!

9. I have heard alot of people say they have problems with these i never did. Yes this amp will work for jamming in the basement. I use the LA12 for that right know. Granted there's no guitar just me and a drummer.