Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SWR LA??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Thunder_Fingers, Oct 4, 2004.

1. Thunder_Fingers

Thunder_Fingers

Jun 24, 2004
    Norway
    i wondered what everyone thought about this ones? i just need an amp to have on my room, and i tried an LA12 today and i think it sounded quite nice, so if everyone have had good experiences with them,and not bad, like them falling apart and suddenly quit, i realy think im gonna sell my 120 watter to get that 60 watter :p (on like, not even half of the gain, it sounded louder than my other amp ever have done..)

2. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    The LA series is SWR's low-end budget series amps. There's the pro line, the middle-range workingman's line, and then the LA series at the bottom.

Not super reliable, not total junk. If the sound and volume are fine for your tastes and application, you don't have a problem. Enjoy!

3. Thunder_Fingers

Thunder_Fingers

Jun 24, 2004
    Norway
    hum.. ive read a couple of reviews, and it seems like its better, than forinstance, ampegs BA112(thats what its called?)... then it cant be bad..

ill take the trip down there another day and try it again :D i loved what i heard today though..

4. ruffroka321

ruffroka321

Sep 13, 2004
    Massachusetts
    The LAs have good quality but they dont go real loud. If your only going to use it for your room, then its a good amp but if u try to play out u wont hear yourself.