Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SWR LA12 UK Price

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by PanteraFan, Jul 17, 2001.

1. Well, with the TE discontinutaion of the Boxer series, looks like my amp choices are out the window...:(

I'm either stuck with a Peavey Basic 112(retails at £250, quite a bit out of my price range)...or a Carlsbro(ick).

I was looking for 50W+ of amp, 12" speaker, for under £230($325)...but I ran into the SWR LA12. Retails on MF for $299...but not sure what the price in the UK would be...

I know for a fact it's a better amp than the Peavey, Carlsbro, and probably even the Trace Boxer 65...but price is all that's stopping me...

Thanks

EDIT: LA12 lists at $399. But, I know an SWR dealer, will they be able to get it down to around £200?

2. Don't know if I got ripped off or not as I didn't check out prices. But I had to pay £300 for an LA12.

Lovely amp though.

3. Hmm..that is way outta my price range...

But, I've seen a TE Commando 12 on flyingpig for £269...if I was to walk into my local TE dealer they could probably get that down to around £250..I'd just use a little more cash.

Now it just comes down to which is the better amp...BTW, I'd gladly pay an extra £20 or so for an extra 35W.

4. I'd take a deep breath and pay the extra £50.

I actually was after a Fender bassman 60 but I simply couldn't find anyone who had one in stock.

Don't know how much they retail for though.