Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SWR LA15 question/problem

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by OriginalName, May 22, 2005.

1. Ok, I bought this amp on 4/30/05, and I went to plug in today and it doesn't work anymore. I have 3 different cables, and I tried all three, and none of them worked.

Is it possible that I blew out the speaker? Or do I just have 3 dead cables?

I need fast answers, please.

2. njdenis1

njdenis1

Dec 12, 2004
    your much more likely to have blown a wall fuse/circuit then your..try another outlet..the power cables are almost never an issue

3. No.

After reading that, I went to plug in my CD player to the same outlet and it still works.

4. Oh yeah, if I plug in the amp and flip the power switch, it still lights up, meaning it's turned on.

5. njdenis1

njdenis1

Dec 12, 2004
    oh i thought it was flatlined and getting nothing...it should be covered 100percent through warranty anyway

6. Yeah, I could take it back for a full refund/exchange if I wanted, since I bought it less than 30 days ago...

7. lowrez

lowrez no.

Nov 27, 2004
    New Englandish
    you checked the fuse on the amp? should be one you can get to on the outside somewhere...

8. Hm, it turns out my bass was the problem.

9. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    You should take it back anyways... those amps blow. I had one for over a year and it was total crap. It was reliable though, I always knew when i'd turn it on it'd still sound like crap.