Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SWR LA15 vs. Laney RBW300 vs. Warwick Sweet 15

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Sir Psycho, Apr 17, 2002.

1. SWR LA15, 100W

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  2. Laney RBW300, 165W

4 vote(s)
    36.4%
  3. Warwick Sweet15, 120W

4 vote(s)
    36.4%
  1. Sir Psycho

Sir Psycho

Mar 20, 2001
    I´m propably gonna buy one of these, they´re are all 15" with tweeters and they´re all in the same price range, so help me to choose:

Even though I´ve heard that LA series aren´t too superb, Swr is still very good quality company... LA15 is quite a basic amp, and it has everything necessary but nothing extra...

Laney, in other hand has all the bells and whistles and more detailed eq. And I have heard that Laneys are quite good... This is my #1 choose at the moment...

I haven´t heart much about Warwick amps, but they should be also pretty good... This one is a bit more expensive than the others, and it´s a very basic amp like Swr...

2. Actually I have heard bad things about eden's bass amps. But their VH100 guitar head is one of the best around IMHO.

3. fleetwood

fleetwood

Aug 29, 2001
    Swansea UK
    I tried out the Sweet 15 against Ashdown Mag 200 and I much preferred the Warwick. With all controls set to neutral there was more noticable low end with the Warwick. You could only get the same level on the Mag by boosting the Bass.
    The spec of the Warwick states that with Bass boost on you are down to 30 Hz. The high boost takes you to 15KHz.
    The spec is downloadable from Warwick by sending an email to st.hartung@warwick.de and asking for the service manuals on the Sweet 15.
    It's still on my shortlist of combos but I wasn't sure whether the 150W would be loud enough for me. I would love to be able to try one live. However, it's weight is fine at 25KGs
    See also www.warwickbass.com/amps
    I found the Laney site useless for info. I rang them up for the freg. range of some gear and they had no idea what it was or where they could get it from!!!!
    If anyone uses the Sweet 15 please let us know what it's like.

4. I have the La 15 and its a great little amp. It has good tone, and is big enough for practice and small gigs. I havent played the other two, but I'd recommend the La 15. Its also the cheapest out those three :D