Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

swr m-400 ?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by warwickben, Apr 29, 2003.

1. how the hell do i hook this amp up to a one cab. i know it sounds dumb but i dont know how to hook it up to just one cab. like i want the full 400 watts going in to it.

2. Stachio

Stachio Supporting Member

Jan 29, 2002
    Atlanta
    There should be a switch in the back that you want to set to bridge.
    Then hook up some banana cables to the outlets that say "bridge".

3. i went to there web site . again and reread it. i have to get a banna jack. iam useing it in stero mode right now. good thing my 15 combo is like a cab with a head bulit in, i can un plguf that amp.

4. Y'all don't need a banana jack to get started.

the m400's gotta 4 or 5 way binding post thingy.

just loosen them nuts, strip some wire,
    twisty twist and lock 'em down.

jus lookin see if the red colored +'s & black -'s match the cab input, whatever that means.

5. Ziggy

Ziggy

May 9, 2001
    Orange County, CA
    Warwickben,

As already mentioned; you run the amp in 'mono' / bridged mode, but be sure the cabinet can handle a full 500 watts. (my owner's manual states: the bridge mode puts out 500w @ 4 ohms - its maximum load)

The "bannana" jack should've come with the head - whether new or used, and those jacks aren't too expensive to purchase. Yes, you can just twist the speaker cable onto the post and tighten it down. Just make sure you connect (+) positive and (-) connectors correctly. Additionally, I would recommend using nothing less than 8 - 10 awg cable.

Finally, if you are using 'one output' in stereo mode, it needs to be the "left channel" output... the heat sink for the cooling fan is connected there.

michael s.

6. JOME77

JOME77 Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2002
    Georgia
    Make sure that you don't switch the amp from Stereo to Mono (bridged) while the amp is on!

7. i got the head used it did not come ith the banna jack. the binding post or what ever there are called are both red so i dont know wich one is wich. i understand how they work its like a regular home stero.

iam confused about one more thing it has 4 outs from the amp left 1and 2 and right 1 and 2. is it like each side (left and right)getts half the power from the amp. the on each side each out get half of the power.

for right now iam going to be running it in stero, i have one cab concceted to left 1 and right 1. how much watts are going to both cabs. as soon as i get patch cables