1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SWR Megoliath

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ChandlerCornell, Jun 14, 2014.

1. What do guys think about the SWR Megoliath? I just picked one up used for $600 to pair with my Hartke LH1000. After all these years of searching, I believe I've found the sound I've always wanted. Tight and punchy yet warm and beautiful. What are your guys opinions on the cab as well?? Pics of your rig are welcome!

Attached Files:

2. Super awesome cabinet - strong back required !

3. Definitely! Good thing I have band mates!

4. deeptubes

deeptubes

Feb 21, 2011
    Virginia Beach
    SWR made some awesome cabs. I have a Workingman's Tower that I love.

5. Bufalo

Bufalo Funk in the Trunk Supporting Member

Jan 6, 2005
    Harrisburg, PA
    That is bad ass. Thumbs way up.

ChandlerCornell likes this.
  6. Thanks man! It's a sweet rig

7. Despite not bein the current flavor of the month, SWR cabs, all of them, are killer sounding, high sensitivity, reliable, boutique cabs with sense in their pricing. iow, a great value. Heavy? Yup. But wit a heavy sound to match. And they make wheels now! Heh... Isn't that cab designed as a dolly? As I've always said. I'd rather NOT carry a hunnert pounds, than carry 50. If you have a van? These tilt in. Never have to lift em. Good score.

8. It's definitely heavy! It does remind me of a dolly now that you say that haha it has 2 wheels in the back that work when you tilt the cab back and push or pull. The weight is worth the sound for sure!

9. That combo you got, the LH an the Mega, is huge soundin, I bet. That head is stereo. So's the cab. Gives you options. Runnin yer pedalboard just on the top 410s, keepin the lower 410s clean. Especially useful if yer miking and running a D.I. But, just bridge that head into that cab fer serious output outdoors. Fun times...

10. Man, I didn't even think of doin that! I'm trying that right when I get home. That will be useful when using the overdrive for sure. You're right about the huge sound!

The Nameless likes this.
  11. Hopkins

Hopkins Supporting Member Commercial User

Nov 17, 2010
    Houston Tx
    Owner/Builder @Hopkins Guitars
    My opinion is that the Megoliath is the best sounding 810 ever produced.

The Nameless and ChandlerCornell like this.
  12. Well, you will lose a bit of power from the head runnin in stereo. 350w per side or so. So, you may have to run yer master a bit higher. You may also experience a loss of focus, replaced by a lot of articulation. 350w still a lot per side, but be aware of the possibilities, and apply them in different situations. Use what sounds best to you. Always.

13. Definitely! Thank you for the tips and info, I appreciate it!