1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SWR micro amp?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by CaptainWally, May 1, 2009.

1. The last amp that SWR introduced was a 70lb. monstrosity. With the introduction of the SWR GoLight cab series, I'm wondering if they also have a micro amp in the works.

It seems like they are being left behind in the highest growth market in bass amps these days.

Any info or speculation?

2. uaudio

uaudio

Apr 11, 2008
    Arizona
    I wish the had a micro head version like the original Baby Blue, but (kind of OT) they have a combo called the SWR Spellbinder Blue (used to be called the Baby Baby Blue). Its been available in different forms for several years. 27lbs, single 10", 160W.

http://www.swrsound.com/products/search.php?partno=4420500010

3. True, although not quite what I had in mind.

Thinking something to go head to head w/ Eden WTX500 or LM2.

4. SteveC

SteveC Moderator Staff Member

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    Haven't really seen much from them since the Fender buy-out/sell-out.

5. kirkm24

kirkm24

Jan 1, 2007
    Columbus, Ohio
    I have to agree. It seems like SWR has missed the mark on their heads. The rest of the industry is going to light, small, class D amps and they are cranking out the same old thing. I guess their newest product introduction is the Marcus Miller preamp and the goLight cabs. Players seems to be moving away from power amp/preamp units and going to small, compact all-in-one heads. In my opinion that was an example of missing the mark.

Maybe their strategy is to just stick to what they feel they do best which is to make clean, reliable traditional transformer heads. In any case, it seems like they are kind of just drifting out of business or something. Maybe Fender is going to eventually shut the line down.