SWR Mini Mo vs. Line 6 Bass PodXT/XTPro

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Scott Lynch, Feb 12, 2005.

1. Scott Lynch

Scott Lynch Supporting Member

I've been GASing for one of these units for quite a while to go with a nice Poweramp/ Aguilar 2xGS112/410 stack. My question is, is the analog quality of the effects/pre on the Mo noticeably better than the digital effects on the Line 6? Sound quality and versatily are the 2 biggest factors in my desicion. Right now I'm using a Boss 6T-6B and the digital effects aren't cutting it for me, but I love the tones my guitarists get with their pods. I play in a cover band and my main goal for each song is to nail a tone that captures the true feel of the song, ex. a clean tone for, say, This Love by Maroon5, a slightly overdriven tube tone for classic rock songs, slap eq for Aeroplane, etc. Hit me back with opinions/comments.
  2. quatre03

Aug 20, 2004
    personaly i think bass pods are a joke, i've played through several of them and i found 2 effects that were actualy usable out of the 200 or so they have. I think their a serious waste of money, espicaly when you can get a Lexicon MPX-1 for the same price.
  3. Scott Lynch

yeah, it's strange how the Pod is a really successful unit whereas the bass pod isn't particularly popular. I've read both bass player reviews for the mino mo and bass pod but still can't make up my mind. I am leaning towards the mino mo. Any Mino Mo/Mo Bass users out there with some comments?
  4. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    I would say the Mino Mo' 100% of the way man. The BASS pod's get bashed to hell, as where quatre said, the guitar pod's are really successfull.
  5. Music Attorney

Music Attorney

Feb 22, 2004
    LOVE my Mini Mo...........but then......what do I know.....I'm just an attorney ;-)

6. Scott Lynch

If I were to get the Mini Mo and hooked it up to, say, an aggie DB750, would i be able to use both the aggie and swr preamps separately, controlling them via footswitch? maybe? That would be killer. the clean, hi fi swr sound when i want it and the tubey aggie sound when i want it.
  7. msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    The tubey Aggie sound of the 750 comes from the tube preamp stage and the tube poweramp stage. Running the MiniMo as a separate preamp wouldn't get rid of it.