SWR mo' Bass head

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Toasted, Oct 5, 2003.

1. Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    anyone used one? (the full head that is, not the preamp only version)

What are they like? they seem like a good deal with those analogue effects and also 900watt of SWR head room! i bet it would sound great through a Goliath senior!

We all know SWR is great for slapping and popping jazz players and solo bass, but do you think it could hold down the low range in a "propper" rock band?

Im just interested. it looks like a nice product at a good price for about £1000
  2. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    well...sam rivers uses one in his rig...i've fooled around with one, and i really dig it. the only thing about it, though, is even though it still uses the same power section as the sm-900, for some reason or another, it just doesn't seem as loud. what i would check into is the mini mo preamp with a little bit more power. plus, with the pre, you get a few more features. check one out, man, ya gotta. they're really cool.
  3. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    Worth checking out, but I found it to be terribly underpowered, and though the effects sounded good, the amp's general tone was a quite lacking in relation to other SWR gear.
  4. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    yeah, i felt the same way...it sounded really cool, but would probably sound better in the effects loop of another pre-...mini mo, man!