1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SWR mo'bass questions

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by angelopbass, Jun 28, 2012.

1. angelopbass

angelopbass Supporting Member

May 18, 2011
    struthers, ohio
    i just got a swr mo'bass head and im not completely understanding of the bridge/ mono mode and which i should be using. im running through my swr henry 8x8 cab. basically im using just a 1/4 inch speaker cable.
    i have it running into the "right" jack (figuring it doesnt matter which one i use) and i have the switch over to "mono". am i running this correctly? im assuming im pushing the 900 watts this way but i could be totally wrong. also should both voulume knobs to the right be turned up all the way? and the dual mode switch be pushed in or out? im lost:help:

2. LowEZ

LowEZ Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2011
    Central NJ
    Using just the right output jack you're only getting 400W @ 4ohms. If you want the full 900W, you need to use the bridge/mono speakon output jack. If your Henry doesn't have a speakon jack, you'll either need to buy a speakon -> 1/4" speaker cable or an adapter.

Dual mode concerns the preamp and effects loops. I'm not sure how that all works but it has nothing to do with output power.

3. angelopbass

angelopbass Supporting Member

May 18, 2011
    struthers, ohio
    thanks for the info