1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SWR Natural Blonde Vs. California Blonde II

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by meddings, Aug 9, 2012.

1. meddings

meddings

Aug 8, 2012
    WKY
    Hi and thanks to all in advance for your help. I checked through previous posts and didn't find exactly what i need to ask so; Does anyone have experience using either of these with an URB? Aside from the fact that they are both big, bulky, and expensive. I own a Cal blonde II and use it with acoustic guitars and Mandolins and have heard and read that you can play an URB through it with no ill effects. I have played my 53 Kay C1 through the Cal Blonde II and it does have a good sound to me; but not tuned specificly for an URB, and I don't want to damage it. I'm thinking of purchasing a SWR Natural Blonde Acoustic Bass Amp but don't see a lot of feed back on them. I have played through a Natural Blonde and like the fact that you can really dial in the sound you want. Any thoughts?

2. TroyK

TroyK Moderator Staff Member

Mar 14, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    I used to know a local guy who played his DB through an original series California Blonde. I thought it sounded great, plenty of good clean sound in any jazz room in Seattle and I see no reason to worry about damaging it. Sat in with it once or twice and liked it quite a bit. Carried it once and didn't, but that's true for a lot of amps.

If you already have one, I'd use it. If you're shopping and aren't looking at an unbelievable local, used deal, then I think there are better options for weight, power and probably voicing.

3. meddings

meddings

Aug 8, 2012
    WKY
    Hey Troy, thanks for your thoughts on this. I would like to use the Cal Blonde II since I already have it. I was mostly concerned about damaging it with the bass. Wagging one amp around is enough! Thanks again.