1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SWR Natural Blonde

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by hgrind, Jul 28, 2007.

1. hgrind

hgrind

Dec 16, 2005
    Otta, Norway
    Will the SWR Natural Blonde work well with electric basses, or should it just be used with acoustic basses?

2. I had a look in a google search after reading your thread, because I’m in the market for an amp & I play an acoustic.

If you have a look at this link...

http://www.swrsound.com/products/search.php?partno=4460600000

It says it's had some design features mixed in for acoustic players but additional to the other features for a regular electric rig.

Sounds good to me, have you played using one or contemplating buying one?

3. hgrind

hgrind

Dec 16, 2005
    Otta, Norway
    I'm considering buying one. Seems like I have to buy one before trying. I'm interested in an amp that will work well with both my double bass and electric bass, and this one seems to have som great features. When playing only the double bass, I can mix a pickup and a mic on it, or I can use the double bass and electric bass on the same amp, and get to lines to the mixer.

4. Mr_Dave

Mr_Dave

Mar 11, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Employee - Basscentre Melbourne
    there is a review of it in the latest bassplayer magazine. it might be up on there website... i haven't had a chance to read it yet...

5. hgrind

hgrind

Dec 16, 2005
    Otta, Norway
    I know, I've read it. Just wanted to hear from someone who has used it with an electric bass. It gets a good review.

6. Soulfinger

Soulfinger

Sep 20, 2004
    Houston, TX
    I can't say I understand what a "rear-firing 5-inch driver" is going to do for you.

7. chadds

chadds

Mar 18, 2000
    It tells any 5" drivers that are standing behind your amp to get a new job.

8. grovest

grovest

Feb 26, 2002
    A friendly bump...

I like this amp for the 2x8 configuration, compact size and combo packaging, though it also has some features I doubt I'd ever use. The Bass Player print and .tv reviews do not describe the sound of an electric through the amp.

Has anyone here had a chance to plug a Fender into one?

Thanks.

9. Kitsapbass

Kitsapbass What key is this?

May 26, 2005
    Bremerton, WA
    I personally am looking forward to giving it a shot with my Kubicki - and my Guild - and my Ibanez - and every other bass I have!!!!!:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

10. grovest

grovest

Feb 26, 2002
    Excellent Kitsapbass, if you make it over to BassNW one of these days to test it, please let us know.

I have a concept of a slightly 'airy', 'woody', or 'lighter' tone than most rigs produce.

Visiting musician's friend, I noticed they offer it for $999. Compared to the Baby Blue II, which is $899, I wonder if production efficiencies were developed for the Natural Blonde or maybe something else... Is this a demonstration of Fender's scale benefiting SWR, or...? The Natural Blonde seems a much more complex amp, with two channels, three drivers and more, than the Baby Blue II. More complex than the $100 difference suggests. Especially if we consider that the preamp section for the BBII was largely developed (i.e. "paid for" ??) in the BB (2x8).

11. Kitsapbass

Kitsapbass What key is this?

May 26, 2005
    Bremerton, WA
    I'm hoping it is at least similar to the Baby Blue - that was my favorite of their amps.....:hyper: