1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

swr or aguilar

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by TGEvans, Mar 23, 2006.

1. I currently own an swr 1x15 son of bertha.I have read very good reviews on the aguilar 1x15.In this country,Wales in the uk the prices of aguilar are a fair bit cheaper than swr so I am thinking of selling the swr to purchase the aguilar.I currently own the aguilar db680 pre amp and will never part with it and i am seriously impressed with their gear but have not actually played the aguilars cabinets.Any info from you guys would be great.I do not know much about which cabs go lower and so on so any thing that you think will help let me know.Thanks,Tim.

2. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    I WOULD NOT hesitate going with any of the GS series cabs. most people say the "s" series cabs are very nice, but in a different way than the GS.

I think almost ANYTHING Aguilar makes turns to GOLD!!! :hyper:

3. zoran

zoran

May 10, 2002
    croatia
    I have GS410, and I love it. It has strong lows, brilliant highs, and with some eq setting it can be very mid present. I prefer it over swr golliath for example because its tone mostly. Not to mention it is loud cab, too. I also plan adding another in near futture for bigger venues, and it would be or another 410, or maybe 115.

4. pickles

pickles Gold Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    Both are nice cabs, and I doubt the upgrade would be meaningful for your overall tone. If you mean you're actually going to make money on the deal then great .... but if you really wanted to upgrade your tone I'd try to add a 2x10 (or a second 1x15) to your rig instead of swapping to a different 1x15.