1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SWR PAS Recone question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Rusty the Scoob, Mar 24, 2009.

1. The speakers from my pre-Fender Super Redhead need a recone, so I had my GF drop them off at what's supposed to be the premier Boston repair shop, New England Speaker.

I couldn't have been treated much worse... they didn't seem to care at all what kind of speakers they were, and said they were planning to order a recone kit from their usual supplier. They couldn't have wanted to get me off the phone any faster.:mad:

Is this a problem? Will a generic kit sound the same as they did originally?

2. Bassgrinder77

Bassgrinder77 Banned

Jan 23, 2009
    I'd get a PAS authorized place using PAS or PAS authorized factory spec OEM parts or forget it. Just any recone kit could turn you great speakers into crap.
    OC speaker in Garden Grove CA is PAS authorized and uses PAS components.
    Check them out:
    http://www.speakerrepair.com/
    Call them and ask them.

3. Check your PMs re; Speaker Services in Memphis, TN...

4. Tunaman

Tunaman

Dec 26, 2004
    Boston
    Thanks for the posting, I live in Wakefield, MA & appreciate you calling these punks out. Thats why I like Eden BTW... they'll be keeping their speakers & specs forever, so much easier

5. Thanks guys! I'm not ready to say that they're punks yet, but if I can't convince him to order the right kit in one last phone call I'll pull the plug and have them shipped to either of the companies above.