SWR PB-200 remember these?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassyboy, Feb 8, 2009.

1. swr's first amp just got one on ebay what a rare find,fantastic amp
    200 watts at 4 ohms sweet clear swr at its best, anyone else have any experience or currently using this little gem thanks.

2. nobody??? maybe

3. iammr2

iammr2

Jun 10, 2002
    Tejas
    Yup, I remember. Playing through one of these is what got me to pick an SM-400. I think the PB-200 is the same thing with only one amp. Still got the SM-400 too.

4. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Yamaha, Ampeg, Line 6, EMG
    Played many a 400, never had the pleasure of the PB 200.

5. mavbass

mavbass

Dec 11, 2001
    AUS
    I have an Studio 220 which is essentially the same thing and love it.

6. jgsbass

jgsbass

May 28, 2003
    Floral Park, NY
    Just rediscovered the love for my 220 at last nights big band gig. I've had mine longer than I've had kids (20 years) and its in semi retirement. But I forgot, what a sound. Beats out my 350X and everything else I've bought to upgrade the power. Its a shame that 220 watts isn't loud. Early SWR tech ruled. Amen.

7. ita a great preamp for just about any insturment its the amp used by louis johnson on "we are the world"

8. Really? Never heard that one.
    I had a PB-200 that I bought used in '96, sold in '97, bought back a few months later and played until 2001. Great amp.

9. iammr2

iammr2

Jun 10, 2002
    Tejas
    I believe Louis Johnson was, if not the first, one of the first that consulted with Steve Rabe about what kind of tone and features SWR should have. I think Stanley Clarke was another but I may be wrong there.

10. now i'm looking for another one, two will be nice

11. hey kungfu thanks, very nice of you.

12. now i have two... great stereo tones

13. Sonicfrog

Sonicfrog

Jan 4, 2008
    Fresno, CA
    I have one, and I also might be selling it. My guitarist in San Diego just got a divorce, had to sell his home, in which he had built his studio where we would practice.His new place is very small and had no room to store it, so I had to bring it back home to Fresno. Thing is, I like the amp so much, I may just sell my newer, smaller, (yet heavier) Behringer BHL1800A instead.

14. Sell the Behringer.

15. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 25, 2021