Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SWR Question...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by SoComSurfing, Aug 20, 2002.

1. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    I am looking to upgrade my amp before I really start working on my basses. I'm pretty happy with my Jazz and FBB for now. Here is what I'm considering. The Mo' Bass pushes 400w at 4ohm stereo. What if I run that stereo to a Henry 8x8 (480w, 4o) on one side, and a Workingman's 210 and 115 (each 200w, 8o) on the other side. I would run those until I could replace them with the Pro Series.
    Is there any reason why this set-up would cause a problem? Would I be able to run the Mo' in stereo but only use 1 side? I've never had a stereo amp, so that's why I ask.

Thanks.

2. BFunk

BFunk Supporting Member

Yeah, this should work fine. If you run one side only you will only hear half the speakers. (In a stereo amp each side gets a separate signal. In the case of the mo'bass, one side is wet and the other is dry IIRC.

3. SoComSurfing

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    cool...thanks. So if I want to use just the Henry with the Mo', I could just run it on the wet side, and use the foot controller to turn off the effects when they aren't wanted?

4. You can switch the dual mode on and off on the MoBass. In On mode you split the signal between a dry and a wet channel. In off mode you mix them together to both channels. In the last case you can still change the effectlevels on the amp. This is very well described in the MoBass manual that is available as a pdf document on the SWR website.

Your suggested cab setup will work fine.

Peace
    Bassmanjr

5. SoComSurfing

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Thanks again...I've been meaning to download the manual, but just never get around to it. I think y'all have made up my mind. :D