1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SWR question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BigTman, May 19, 2011.

1. I've got an older model SWR Goliath II 4-10 I purchased years ago. You know, the ones made at Sylmar Ca. that kick ass.

How do you tell if it's an 8 ohm or 4 ohm. It's not marked anywhere on the cabinet. Anybody know how to tell? thanks

2. mmbongo

mmbongo Five Time World Champion Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    You should post this in the amps section, but to answer your question...measure it with a multi-meter.

3. It's just a gereral cabinet question, but thanks.

4. ptrick63

ptrick63

Apr 18, 2006
    Phoenix
    I had asked a friend at Fender this same question about a year ago. He said that typically the Goliaths are 8 ohm cabinets unless they are specifically marked 4 ohm.

YMMV, etc.

5. I think that's pretty much the case, but I believe I've seen a 4 Ohm not marked. When I bought my first one, there was a mixup and I ended up taking home a 4 Ohm. when I brought it back, the store mgr showed me there were different SWR part numbers for 8 & 4 Ohm on his invoice.

The surefire way is to check it with an Ohm meter. 8 will read 6.5-7.5, and 4 will be 3 something.

EDIT: At first I read your post as a G III, but probably the same info applies.