Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SWR Redesigns LA series...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by The 0x, Dec 21, 2003.

1. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    The New SWR LA Series
    [​IMG]

Instead of keeping the LA-8, they're adding an LA-10, with a 10" woofer and 35 watts instead of 30. And these look nicer than the old ones, I dunno about sound though.

2. They are also no longer made in California, or mexico. Coming from the orient some where.

FishBulb

3. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    Correction: Fender redesigns the SWR LA Series. Screw.

4. They will probably still suck :)

5. I think they will probably rank somewhere in between the Fender Rumble and Bassman series.

6. Richard Lindsey

Richard Lindsey

Mar 25, 2000
    Metro NYC
    For my personal tastes, the LAs weren't very good amps to begin with--not really worthy of the SWR name, regardless of whether one is an SWR fan or not. I always though a lot of folks gave the LAs credit for being better than they actually were, just because of the name.

To me, practically any change in the LA series has a very good chance of being an improvement.

7. Im a sock

Im a sock

Dec 23, 2002
    Central MA
    I kinda like my LA-12. It sounds decent for a $200-something practice amp, and I've never had any structural problems with it.

My only beef with the LA series is the placement of the carrying handles, which made it very annoying to carry.

8. i'm with you sock, i liked my la-12, now with a behringer i miss those side handles so you cas carry it with both hands, as opposed to that single handle on top, because after walking four blocks holding my bx1200, it gets heavy! anyways, all i can say are buyouts suck. SWR and Eden gone...jackson, well i never got into jackson, but they're gone too. i have a feeling in about twenty years we will only have three bass amps...small (35 watt), medium (150 watt) and large (400 watt), all coming out of the same factory in indonesia. And i was saving up for an eden too!
    Charlie