Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SWR rig

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Drone, Apr 14, 2001.

1. Say I got an SWR bass 350 head and a Goliath III Cab...What kind of applications would that be good for? I mean, practically, how big of venue would that work with with a drummer and whatnot?

2. yes, it will work with a drummer, you can probly play a bar with it, but it depends how big the bar is© If they've got a PA, then dont worry about it, as long as you've got enough stage volume© How big is the guitar player's rig? The main thing that people say is "At least 350 watts for rock" and then others say "10 times the power of the guitar player"© If your guitar player has got a Marshall stack, your gonna have some trouble, Half-stack, then i'm pretty sure you'll survive©

3. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    i have a bass 350, goliath junior, and a triad, and i cut through:

guitarist with line 6 2x12 amp
    keyboardist with rhodes cab and 300watt key amp
    monster drummer
    percussionist
    bari sax
    tenor sax
    trumpet
    trombone

no problem...

jason

4. nanook

nanook

Feb 9, 2000
    Alaska
    I have the exact same rig and I can set car burglar alarms off 300 yards away.

I think the answer is that it is just fine for any venue. The problem is being crowded out by some lead guitarist with a 4 stack of Marshall's.

5. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Muttluk, its 3-4 times guitarist's wattage, not 10. Thats a *bit* much.

6. I gotta agree with warwick and nanook on this call, I play thru an SWR sm400s & one goliath III, with the help of a pretty decent P.A. with 18" subs when need be. Anyway I've yet to find the venue that this rig can't handle. Unless your playing arena's or outdoor stadiums doing metal.AS nanook pointed out about the guitarist , If you can"t cut thru with that rig then, I'd have to say your band's volume is way too loud, at least for the wide varities of rooms I've ever played. Also I'm huge fan of the SWR pro gear sound . Best I've ever had, and I've played thru many.