SWR seaker cabinets suggestions

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by The Regulator, Sep 16, 2005.

1. The Regulator

The Regulator

Aug 10, 2005
    Owned an Ampeg SVT 410HLF for a year and decided to get rid of it. I did not like the fact that it was so ‘boomy’ that it interfered with the note definition on the e-string. I tried an SWR speaker (Goliath JR) the other day and liked it because it was the opposite of the Ampeg. The only thing is that the Goliath JR is not loud enough. I have an SWR 750X (750 watts @ 4ohms to spare) and was looking into these configurations:

SWR Goliath SR
    SWR Goliath III & either (Son of Bertha / Goliath JR / 12 Pack)

Any suggestions and other configurations would be appreciated.
  2. Manfred_Bass

Mar 16, 2005
    ponce, PR
    All you need is in the swr triad one 15 one 10 and a tweteer. and 4 ohm. but you can not add another cab at the same time because it will fry your amp.
  3. chaosMK

May 26, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Hi-fi into an old tube amp
    What style of music are you playing?

You might also like Eden. A 4x10 might run about as much as the cab setups you suggested and that could be all you'll ever need.
  4. phishaholik

phishaholik Supporting Member

Aug 20, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    I have a Goliath III and a Goliath III junior that I use together with a sm-400s. The sound has a lot of definition and good midrange. I like the sound better with one of the cabs replaced with my Son of Bertha. It gives a lot more ooomph to what you are playing while keeping the clarity.

5. boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    I owned two Sr.'s and one of those would be a great match with your amp. Very punchy and loud. Good luck!
  6. The Regulator

The Regulator

Aug 10, 2005

I play in a hardcore band.
    Style similar to Bad Brains / Cro-Mags / early Agnostic Front.
  7. Aenema

Apr 18, 2001
    i use to play a goliath III 4x10 with a bass 750 in a hardrock/metalish band. the mids were nice and punchy but i always found the low end to be lacking. i think a 2x10 goliath jr and a son of berta 1x15 would be a perfectly balanced sound. the 10s alone arent very warm at all and i think they need a 15 to fatten and warm them up a bit.

i also owned a triad before i got my goliath III and was very disapointed with the triad. it sounded great but was not loud at all. i would use it for blues/light rock only.