1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SWR Silverado in need of help

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by rojo412, Nov 14, 2006.

1. rojo412

rojo412 Sit down, Danny... Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    My buddy has a Silverado that was having some issues. Whenever there was high frequency, it buzzed. It was not the horn, we took that out and it still buzzed. The speakers weren't blown, I've blown a lot of speakers, and this was not it. It was something in the head...

So we took it apart. And don't you know it, we didn't fix it. It sat for months and I need to get it back together for him. Does anyone know where I could find a wiring diagram for the speakers/head AND does anyone have a clue what may be causing the noise? Bad tube, maybe?

2. mikgag

mikgag Guest

Mar 25, 2002
    I used to have the 2x12 version and I had a buzz also. It turned out the speakers had vibrated loose. Tightened the screws and it went away....

3. rojo412

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    That was not the case here... this buzzes/distorts when you sustain a mid to high note, not so much when you boom the B string.

4. rojo412

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    Oh, if anyone has one of these and has a pic of the inside of the back panel, that would be sweet. I think I can at least get it back together to find out what the noise sounds like.