1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SWR Silverado Special

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by John Bufo, Jan 15, 2002.

1. John Bufo

John Bufo

Jan 14, 2002
    Salem, NH
    Since I'm in the market for a new amp, I went to my local Guitar Center today and checked out the selection. I tried just about everything they had, Gallien-Kruegers, SWR, Ampeg, Fender, and I was most impressed with the SWR Silverado. I've been looking for a powerful, great sounding combo that can handle small clubs, but could also handle larger places if and when I start playing larger gigs. The amp had balls and sounded huge. I could get a wide variety of tones out of it, from a dub-like sound, to brutal metal tone, smooth jazz, I got it all out of this amp. I was mightily impressed. The ability to add a 4 ohm extension cab at 450W also adds to the growability factor.

Overall an excellent amp. Anyone else had any experience with these amps? Anyone problems or concerns I should maybe know about before I commit to buying one? All questions or comments would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. captainpabst

captainpabst

Mar 18, 2001
    Tennessee
    i think its a great amp. your best price is at www.riksmusic.com - plus they have free shipping. the return policy is kinda strict though. i'd say go for it. :cool:

3. pmkelly

pmkelly Supporting Member

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    I was playing around with one today, nothing serious just screwing around, and I thought it sound really nice... But I'm just not that big on any "super-combo"... It did have a very "full" sound, and I believe you could probably do a lot worse... thankfully they come with casters, because it's one heavy piece!

P@