SWR Silverado Special

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by John Bufo, Jan 15, 2002.

1. John Bufo

John Bufo

Jan 14, 2002
    Salem, NH
    Since I'm in the market for a new amp, I went to my local Guitar Center today and checked out the selection. I tried just about everything they had, Gallien-Kruegers, SWR, Ampeg, Fender, and I was most impressed with the SWR Silverado. I've been looking for a powerful, great sounding combo that can handle small clubs, but could also handle larger places if and when I start playing larger gigs. The amp had balls and sounded huge. I could get a wide variety of tones out of it, from a dub-like sound, to brutal metal tone, smooth jazz, I got it all out of this amp. I was mightily impressed. The ability to add a 4 ohm extension cab at 450W also adds to the growability factor.

Overall an excellent amp. Anyone else had any experience with these amps? Anyone problems or concerns I should maybe know about before I commit to buying one? All questions or comments would be appreciated. Thanks.
  2. captainpabst

Mar 18, 2001
    i think its a great amp. your best price is at www.riksmusic.com - plus they have free shipping. the return policy is kinda strict though. i'd say go for it. :cool:
  3. pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    I was playing around with one today, nothing serious just screwing around, and I thought it sound really nice... But I'm just not that big on any "super-combo"... It did have a very "full" sound, and I believe you could probably do a lot worse... thankfully they come with casters, because it's one heavy piece!