Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SWR SM-400/Goliath Sr and Ampeg SVT-3

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by brothernewt, Dec 19, 2004.

1. brothernewt

brothernewt Some people call me the stormtrooper of love...

Apr 13, 2004
    Happyrock, OR
    Hi... trying again, this time with pics. I'm quitting (at least for a while) and selling it all...

SWR SM-400 - older one... work horse, in good shape. Will toss in the old fashioned banana jack monster speaker cable. $400/obo

SWR Goliath Sr - not nearly as old as the SM-400. excellent shape... small ding in the badge, some scratching on the back scratch plate (of course).
    $600/obo

Ampeg SVT-III - newer model, cared for but has lots more miles then the rest. Lost the lowest EQ fader (still works if you stick something in the hole) and a knob on the back (again, still works if you just push/pull/twist with your fingers)
    sold

Also have a 4space rack for $25 (or an extra 10 w/either amp) sold. The worlds most beat pro-co rat pedal (sounds as good/bad as ever but is U G L Y) for $35?? sale pending and a Marshall Gov'ner.. no idea what to ask for that, but i really like that pedal. sale pending

pics at http://community.webshots.com/user/brothernewt

email at brothernewt@msn.com

2. brothernewt

Apr 13, 2004
    Happyrock, OR
    bump...

3. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Is the guv'nor the old version, or the new? Got any pics of it? I'm interested in it...

Ray

4. Ralphdaddy

Ralphdaddy Supporting Member

Nov 6, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
    You have PM sir

5. brothernewt

Apr 13, 2004
    Happyrock, OR
    I haven't any idea if it's a new or old one... don't know what the difference is. I'll get a pic posted as soon as I can (hopefully this eve).

and for ralphdaddy... re pm, don't know what it's worth... i'll try to do some research and see what other people are asking/selling 'em for. If any of you have links to info about the pedal I'd appreciate it... if not, that's ok too...

J

6. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    The new ones go for about $70, where as the old ones are actually seemingly semi-rare, and I saw one go on eBay for $110 about two weeks ago. They're a GREAT distortion pedal, and I've been looking for the original for sometime now...

Ray

7. Ralphdaddy

Ralphdaddy Supporting Member

Nov 6, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
    Intriguing to say the least... I know Tim Commerford used to use one in the early days of Rage. I have a model of it on my Boss V-Wah but that pedal is extremely noisy for some reason, I should prolly have it looked at.... Oh well. Very cool pedal, very nice distortion tone.

8. brothernewt

Apr 13, 2004
    Happyrock, OR
    Pics of the Guv'nor added. I didn't get a chance to do any research... wasn't really sure that any1 would want that pedal and I never see ads for them. I think it's an older one (doesn't look like the current pics on musiciansfriend.com) but other than cosmetics... I can't be sure. I've had it for a few years... and the guy before me for a few... he lost the battery cover, but I think duct tape works just as well and is easier to take on/off anyway. Pots are noisy 'cause I never moved them. A cleaning I think would clear that up...

J

9. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    I'm still interested, got a price for us yet?

Ray

10. brothernewt

Apr 13, 2004
    Happyrock, OR
    Sorry for the delay in answering... I just don't know what to ask. The only reference I have is the $110 Ray said he saw on ebay... and I don't think it's probably worth that. Best reasonable offer takes it...

J

11. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    PM your way

Ray

12. brothernewt

Apr 13, 2004
    Happyrock, OR
    bump for lower prices... hopefully sum1's got Xmas money to spend... i hate Ebay....