Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SOLD SWR SM-400 w/ extra tubes - $300!!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by vision, Feb 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vision

vision It's all about the groove! Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2005
    Ann Arbor, MI
    SOLD

Okay, this is the SWR classic...priced to move at only $300! Its a great sounding amp with 420 watts bridged into 4 ohms and 400 watts bridged into 8 ohms. Running it in stereo gives you 240 watts per side @ 4 ohms. I recently took it into Low Down Sound, where they had it cleaned up and checked out for me.

This one also comes with 2 extra tubes! I currently have an Electro-Harmonix 12AX7EH installed, and it will also come with the original Groove Tubes 12AX7 and a brand new, never before used Sovtek 12AX7LPS.

For more info check here...

http://www.swrsound.com/support/manuals/html/sm400om.php

i don't have a paypal account, but I will accept money orders or cashiers checks. I will try to post pics on this tonight after work.

2. DigthemLows

DigthemLows

Oct 10, 2003
    Sacramento CA
    I can't believe nobody's jumped on this. I have this amp and it is the best. Plus the price is insane.........This is a pro quality amp at a behringer price.....Less than a dollar per watt, someone grab this!

3. vision

Feb 25, 2005
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Here are some pics of the amp and the extra tubes that are included (the EH 12AX7 is currently installed onboard)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. vision

Feb 25, 2005
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Bump...

Someone pick this up!

5. Semi - interested. However, I am wondering why you're unloading it. As well, you got it checked out, all of the connections are checked and working?

6. vision

Feb 25, 2005
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Everything works great on the amp, all of the knobs and connections are fine. I had it checked out and cleaned up because when I bought it, one of the 3 fuses needed to be replaced. Since I was getting that done anyways, i figured I might as well get the insides cleaned up.

I'm selling it because I just got a great deal on an AMP BH-420, and I'm not really into having tons of extra gear. When I buy one thing, I usually sell another.

I'm very happy with the SWR, but i know I can get another one if I end up preferring it over the AMP BH-420. You can read my thoughts the SWR in the amps forum in my Epifani 310UL thread here...

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=221436&highlight=310UL

7. SOMEONE BUY THIS NOW!!!!!! I have one i use as a slave and it is freakin sweet!

8. clavefa

clavefa Te Traigo El Tumbao

9. E-Mail Sent With My Info.

10. clavefa

clavefa Te Traigo El Tumbao

Man,you're getting a DEAL!

11. vision

Feb 25, 2005
    Ann Arbor, MI
  12. vision