Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SWR SM-400

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by elmohoof, Jul 19, 2004.

1. elmohoof

elmohoof

Sep 24, 2003
    Alliance, OH
    I have an older SM-400 and it's in a road case, but I've come to notice that most all the screws on the front panel have seemed to have fallen out! Anyone else have this problem? Is it purely from vibration? I guess I should email SWR about the probblem and have them send me some new screws mmmm?

2. tornadobass

tornadobass Supporting Member

Nov 20, 2000
    Iowa City, Iowa
    Endorsing Artist: Black Diamond & SuperSensitive strings
    It might be from vibration, but it could be that some of the holes are stripped...that sometimes a problem with the aluminum case...but I've noticed it mainly with the top screws...not so much with those in the front.

I got replacements from my local hardware store...but silver is easier to find than the black ones in the correct thread and flat head.

3. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    yeah, put new screws in now
    it's funny that you just noticed it now...........but it's better than noticing it when the amp breaks :p

4. tornadobass

tornadobass Supporting Member

Nov 20, 2000
    Iowa City, Iowa
    Endorsing Artist: Black Diamond & SuperSensitive strings
    thanks for the nice archive of SWR tech stuff...that bench test info was amazingly detailed!