Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SWR SM-400s settings?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by techtone, Feb 13, 2001.

1. techtone

techtone

Jan 7, 2001
    Hi there!
    I'm using an SWR SM-400s and a Goliath III 4x10.
    Anyone out there who uses this or a similar combination?
    I'd be really interested in your favourite settings! (other than the ones on http://www.swreng.com ?)

2. virtual.ray

virtual.ray

Oct 25, 2000
    I use my SM400S with an Acme Low B2.I play 5 string and I basically leave the EQ flat except for a slight boost on the leftmost slider with the knob under it set to 31hz,which brings out the lowest notes of the 5 through the cab very nicely.If I have to play loud I use the limiter set at about 10 O'clock, 'cause my cab is 4 ohms and at 4 the amp is putting out 500 watts.The 1st gig I did with this setup I blew out the 12v automobile light bulb that protects the tweeter on the cab (which beats blowing the actual tweeter),so now I do use the limiter and I haven't had that happen again.It's a good little setup.

3. I use the factory "reggae" setting, and modify it a little by using less enhancer (about "9 oclock"). With my bass and cabs this gives a nice fat round sound.BTW, I play latin primarily.