1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SWR SM-400s settings?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by techtone, Feb 13, 2001.

1. techtone

techtone

Jan 7, 2001
    Hi there!
    I'm using an SWR SM-400s and a Goliath III 4x10.
    Anyone out there who uses this or a similar combination?
    I'd be really interested in your favourite settings! (other than the ones on http://www.swreng.com ?)

2. virtual.ray

virtual.ray

Oct 25, 2000
    I use my SM400S with an Acme Low B2.I play 5 string and I basically leave the EQ flat except for a slight boost on the leftmost slider with the knob under it set to 31hz,which brings out the lowest notes of the 5 through the cab very nicely.If I have to play loud I use the limiter set at about 10 O'clock, 'cause my cab is 4 ohms and at 4 the amp is putting out 500 watts.The 1st gig I did with this setup I blew out the 12v automobile light bulb that protects the tweeter on the cab (which beats blowing the actual tweeter),so now I do use the limiter and I haven't had that happen again.It's a good little setup.

3. I use the factory "reggae" setting, and modify it a little by using less enhancer (about "9 oclock"). With my bass and cabs this gives a nice fat round sound.BTW, I play latin primarily.