Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SWR SM-500 FS/FT

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by sizz, Sep 26, 2002.

1. sizz

sizz

Sep 23, 2002
    Bella Vista, AR
    Hey all,

I am taking offers on my SWR SM-500 bass head. I am looking for enough money to move up to a new or like new Demeter HBP-1 preamp. I'd like to sell it or, if you have a Demeter HBP-1, we can talk about some sort of trade. Details are listed below (from an earlier post):

-bought brand new only 3 years ago & only gigged for 2 of those 3 years
    -excellent condition & racked almost all of it's life
    -recently had tube replaced & had entire unit checked over by a local electronics shop

One of the effects jacks in the rear (I can't remember if it's the send or return) is a little loose, but it is in perfect working shape--I run a DBX compressor through the loop w/no problems. I'll bet that the jack could be easily secured with epoxy or solder or something...

If you (or anyone else) is interested, please make me an offer. These things list new for $1649 I think, but I could probably let this one go for around half of that OBO. I'm mainly looking for $$ to go toward the Demeter. Private Message or e-mail me if interested... I wanted to see if I could get an offer here on TB before I posted an auction on Ebay or www.bassgear.com. If you're an Ebay user, look up my user name (shizot) for positive feedback ratings (there are only 3 or 4 ratings, as I don't sell a lot of stuff).

Thanks!!

2. sizz

sizz

Sep 23, 2002
    Bella Vista, AR
    *bump*

This was posted on 9/26 but I've not had any offers. It is now on auction... please see link below if interested. I think this link is ok to post per the TB Classifieds guidelines (I hope). If I'm mistaken, I'm sure that an admin will be happy to let me know. Thanks everyone...
    :confused:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=912744045