1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SWR SM-500 users I need your help ASAP!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Lo end PUNCH, Oct 31, 2010.

1. Lo end PUNCH

Lo end PUNCH

Jan 28, 2005
    Racine,Wi
    Hello people, I am running an SM-500 through a Hartke HyDrive 410 cab(8 ohm) and running it bridged mono. The problem is the head keep getting rediculously hot and the fan is constantly running. I have the head in a nice Alligator gig bag, maybe its blocking something? Maybe I've got it hooked up wrong? Please help!!! Thanks in advance.

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    you only need to ask a question once, especially since you're getting answers from the first time you posted it.

3. Lo end PUNCH

Lo end PUNCH

Jan 28, 2005
    Racine,Wi
    I'm posting from my phone, its kinda touchy. Sorry if it double posted. I have to make sure the TB screen is down before I close the window. My apologies to all.

4. will33

will33

May 22, 2006
    austin,tx
    How's the airflow work in your 500, my SM400 sucks in the top and blows out the side, unless your headcase has holes cutout where the vents are, it would be blocking it in both places.

5. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    ah, the old phantom cellphone double post trick!

get%20smart__222both.

6. dsanders

dsanders

Jan 22, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    Not sure there is a problem unless I misread something. Every SWR I own heats up after a few tunes. I know the 900 & 750 do, it's the materials the chasis is made of. I have read before that the intention was to draw heat away from the electronics by having the chasis absorb most of it.

As for the fan I wouldn't worry about that. I didn't read your other post if you mentioned something relevant there disregard this.