1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SWR SM-900, late 90's, recently refurbished

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Angus, Apr 13, 2010.

1. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    I have a late-90s SM-900 unit that I'm looking to sell. I love the unit and the sound, but I just don't need this much power these days, and am looking to simplify and lighten by rig. Aaaand I could use the cash for medical school.

I've recently had it refurbished by Paul Morte Technical Services in southern California. They are one of the top amp service companies in the US. I shipped the unit down to them to fix a difficult-to-diagnose hum, and had them pour through the amp to make sure that everything was in perfect shape electronically. It now works perfectly and sounds brand new.

The unit itself definitely has some wear, however, from the prior owner. Functionally it is perfect, but is not cosmetically the most beautiful (but it isn't that bad, but I want to be up front!).

I'm looking for only $550 + half shipping.

If you are in the bay area, you are welcome to swing by and try it out. I'd do $500 flat for a local sale

I'll get pictures tomorrow when I have some natural light.

Thanks!

2. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Ugly pictures!

I took one of the whole face, but it was blurry, so I'll have to retake it later. I have some close ups. It is actually a lot less worn than I remember- it looks pretty good, minus the handles (chrome worn off).

For an extra $10 I can have the handles powder coated black so they look brand new.

Note that one screw is missing (was that way before I purchased it). It will not affect functionality of the faceplate.

3. cap'n crunk

cap'n crunk

Apr 6, 2010
    California
    PMed

4. wow simply cool

5. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    TTT

6. ItsNotMeTalking

ItsNotMeTalking

Feb 16, 2005
    hi, this is still pre fender right? would you ship to Argentina ? thanks

7. Cash sale only?

RJM

8. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    I would ship to Argentina, but shipping will be $$$. But I'd be happy to. It is pre-Fender, yes.

I prefer cash sale, but it depends on what you have to trade. Send me a PM if you have questions- I'm happy to entertain offers.

I'm giving a shipping estimate to one person (sorry for the delay!), but it is still available at the moment.

9. Alex1984

Alex1984

Jan 16, 2010
    Vancouver
    Might that person be me? :D

10. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    It is! I just keep forgetting to send it to you, lol. I will this afternoon!

11. leehoop

leehoop

Jan 21, 2006
    Chicago, Ill.
    wow killer head and price!!!!!!!!!!! bump for a killer head.

12. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Bump!

13. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    I still owe people some estimates, but I need to box it up first. I'm way, way behind on things due to work hours. Sorry!

14. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    For anyone I haven't gotten back to about shipping, my sincere apologies! Shipping will be $75 in CONUS, which is about half of what it will cost me. I only ship amps double-boxed, so it is a bit more expensive, but rather be safe that sorry. I'll eat some shipping cost to make some room around here.

Thanks!

15. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Bump!

16. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    How did the Zon sound through this amp?

-Mike

17. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Bump! :)

18. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    I put this up on ebay, but will remove the listing if I get a sale here. Price is $450 + $60 for shipping to CONUS.

19. Jothabass

Jothabass

Jul 18, 2009
    Northern NJ
    Wow!!! Great amp !!! Do you have the power ratings for this one?? I'm curently using a Carvin B1500, but I'm looking for a lighter option with plenty power...

20. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    It's 900 Watts @ 4 Ohms, 650 Watts @ 8 Ohms, 440 Watts @ 16 Ohms.

I don't know how much lighter it will be than the B1500, but it is definitely a great amp!