Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SWR SM400S + Eden D212XLT

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by DirtDog, Feb 1, 2003.

1. DirtDog

DirtDog

Jun 7, 2002
    The Deep North
    Anyone using this setup?

Comments? Concerns? Dislikes? Likes? How are you running it - bridged, mono, stereo?

Thx, DD.

2. Jeff Moote

Jeff Moote Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Beamsville, ON, Canada
    Not that I can really say what that setup would be like, but I'm using a 400s with a 212. I have the MusicmanAudiophile 212. This setup works well bridged mono into it... not sure that it's similar enough to tell, but I'm sure it would be a good combo with the eden 212 too.

3. bassmanjones

bassmanjones

Feb 23, 2002
    Boston, MA
    No comment on that particular setup, but I will say that I personally don't like the Eden 2x12's. In fact, I'd safely say that they're the worst modern 12" cabs that I've ever heard and I've heard most companies that make 12's. They bottom out and fart with very little effort and they lack in the useable volume department because of this. Just my (and others) experience.

4. DirtDog

DirtDog

Jun 7, 2002
    The Deep North
    MontyP - did you buy your EB/MM Cab retail? Where did you buy? How much? Specs? I can't find a bloody thing about them on the web.

BMJ - I guess that's why my local shop is trying to blow that product out the door...I knew it was too good to be true...

DD

5. Jeff Moote

Oct 11, 2001
    Beamsville, ON, Canada
    There's a large thread about those cabs current right now. I got it used, but there's a bunch on ebay.

6. My SWR 400-S always does better Bridged into 4 ohms, no matter what cab it is.

7. Jeff Moote

Oct 11, 2001
    Beamsville, ON, Canada
    You mean it's far louder than bridged into 8ohms? That makes sense, but it is also useful. Do you find it runs very hot?

8. It's gets warm, but not hot.
    It's supposed to warm up a bit.
    The Fan whoosh's along.
    No worries though, for the past 6 years.

9. zoran

zoran

May 10, 2002
    croatia
    I play eden 212 through glockenklang preamp which is close to swr stuff (lot of hi-fi) and it sounds huge . I like combination of hi-fi head and warm cab.

10. Sufenta

Sufenta Trudging The Happy Road of Destiny

Mar 14, 2002
    The Signpost Up Ahead.
    I run my 400s bridged into 2 Aggie 112's. Pure Bliss.
    I did demo my 400s with a 210XLT but it was blissless.

11. KB

KB

Jan 13, 2000
    Chapel Hill, NC
    I also run my SM-500 bridged into two Aguilar GS112s and the tone is monstersous and the rig is PORTABLE. :cool:

I think the SWR SM400s/500 amp works really well with Aguilar cabinets.

-KB

12. My two new EB-MM HD212's run circles around my old and fragile, cheaply mades Eden 2x12's, sorry but I've owned them both.

13. DirtDog

DirtDog

Jun 7, 2002
    The Deep North
    Thanks for the feedback boys -

My decision will to be steer clear of the Eden 212....

If only I could try out these MM 212 cabs in person...

DD