Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SWR SM900---asking $850 + shipping or trade?

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Larry Kaye, Feb 9, 2004.

1. Larry Kaye

Larry Kaye Retailer: Schroeder Cabinets

Mar 23, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    I'm selling this amp for a friend that travels quite extensively. The head is in very good condition and I don't believe has been gigged. It was a store demo that he picked up as a backup amp and now he needs the money from it. It's got a tube preamp section, combinable channels each with a 3 band semi parametric eq, master volume, bass, and treble controls, aural enhancer, crossover frequency, and more (see SWR site for particulars please...I don't have photos available.)

Except for some nicks in the handles area, some rack wear at the screw holes, some portion of two or three adhesive labels still on the amp, and the right handle being slightly bent towards the left, the amp works and is in perfect condition. These cosmetic flaws are very minor...the amp looks good. I will find out if the front plate/handle can be straightened without a hitch, but I wanted to make you aware of it.

It will come with a brand new, 8 foot, $40, heavy guage banana plug for the bridge mono mode. The amp, stereo, cross over, and all the components work absolutely perfectly. 400 watts per side at 4 ohms run stereo and 900 at 4 ohms bridge mono. Heavy duty volume, tremendous tone adjustability. It weighs around 26 pounds.

The only possible trade would be for the higher wattage Ashdown 900 or 500 evo rack mount or other version. If its not a rackmount version and a deal is struck, he will also include an SKB 4 rack space case in perfect condition.

The retail on the SWR head is now $2395. Street price is close to $1500. This unit is about 1.5 to 2 years old I'm told. The background behind the SWR logo and front plate is black whereas the newer ones have a red background behind the logo. I don't know when that took place. Please check the SWR Engineering website if you'd like to see the head control panel layout which hasn't changed except for the colored logo background area.

What I've been told is that this unit was in the store from new until sold as a close out recently. Hence the asking price at about 1/3 retail.

If you're interested, email me at bassmohn@hotmail.com. I live in the Greater Cleveland OH area, so please calculate your shipping based on 35 pounds and from area code 44094.