Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SWR SM900 FX loop

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Zonplayer, Feb 15, 2001.

1. Anyone use theirs? When I plug anything thru it, the signal gets to the processor (FX and sampler). But the signal
    coming back into the FX return of the amp is very weak. I know that the processors' output is plenty loud, the
    cables are good, and the Wet/Dry mix control is boosted.

Also, why would SWR not include signal from the FX loop in the DI signal? This makes no sense.

Any suggestions on setup? In the FX loop I am using a Roland SE70 and a Boomerang.

2. WAKOJACO

WAKOJACO Guest

Jul 5, 2000
    Binghamton, NY
    I've had two SM-900s and both had the same weak effects loop signal...Just plugging in and blending one simple effect just isnt't "do-able" for playing live. I have surmised that it may be more intended for studio use. When playing live with the SM-900, the effects need to go between the bass and amp, I guess.

Also if you didn't know, ZP, adjusting the effects blend knob for some reason effects the output of the amp., even when not using the effects loop. There have been threads on this in the past.

3. I noticed that the FX blend affects the signal even without effects in there. I was thinking of doing one of 3 options.

1) XLR DI out (SM900) to a small MIXER, running effects thru the mixer. Mixer OUT to SM900 effects return. Giving me independent and preamped control over my fx, sampler, and clean.

2) Bass thru Fodera preamp (Model2000) thru FX thru sampler to SM900 instrument input.

3) SM900 FX send thru Fodera pre to effects and sampler back to FX return on SM900.

Any thoughts? Any of these options would require making a purchase.