Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SWR Strawberry Blonde

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by Joe Smithberger, Apr 1, 2002.

1. Joe Smithberger

Joe Smithberger Supporting Member

Mar 8, 2002
    Canton, Ohio, USA
    With all the good reports about the WM10 combo, has anyone tried the Strawberry Blonde? It looks like the same configuration as the WM10. The only difference I can see from the spec sheets is a reverb. Is it voiced to be more neutral?

2. Haven't tried the Strawberry, but I use the California Blonde and it sounds very good-- just not much headroom for playing with a drummer. Did you see the note below where a guy is using a WM12 and added a downfiring speaker?

3. Joe Smithberger

Joe Smithberger Supporting Member

Mar 8, 2002
    Canton, Ohio, USA
    Yes I did see that one. Very interesting. There are a few Strawberry blonde amps on ebay right now that I have been watching. From the specs, they look like the WM10 in blonde tolex with a reverb.

4. Just be careful-- at any setting over 12 O'Clock on gain, my Calif. Blonde makes a dreadful "frrapp" when I hit any low notes. I don't know if it's the speaker or the amp, but it spoils my fun. For any gigs that need volume, I use my GK800 RB, a 2x10
    cabinet and the ART Tube MP preamp. A lot of stuff to haul, but the sound is excellent.