Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SWR studio 220 for Upgrade trade

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by DigthemLows, Dec 16, 2004.

1. DigthemLows

DigthemLows

Oct 10, 2003
    Sacramento CA
    I've had this amp for 12 years and it rules, there is nothing wrong with it other than slight wear from 12 years of use. It's plenty powerful to power a 4 string at club and bar gigs. However now that I'm heading into the realm of a 5 string I want more power to get a clean sounding Low B.............Let me know what you have and how much money I need to throw in with the amp.

2. DigthemLows

DigthemLows

Oct 10, 2003
    Sacramento CA
    so nobody wants to down size thier practice rig or what?? just lookin for a 350 or 400 watt........and this Amp sounds awesome...........

3. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    great amp, prepal has the average going price as $260. If you don't mind the extra rack space, maybe you should consider getting a lightweight poweramp like a stewart 1.6 or 2.1, or one of the QSC PLX amps. You don't have to do it all in one rack either. Right now i have a 2.1 in a 2 space skb rack and my demeter preamp in another 2 space. Soemtimes i leave the demeter at home and use my SWR electric blue head as the preamp. You could do that too. Just bring the studio 220 to small gigs, and bring the poweramp along for bigger gigs or when using your 5. Just a thought.

4. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    The Studio 220 makes an excellent preamp! Go with the power boost. I do it. I run my 220 into a PLX 2402 and it is awesome. Otherwise, I still have my SM-500 for sale if you are so inclined.

5. DigthemLows

DigthemLows

Oct 10, 2003
    Sacramento CA
    yeah, I'm kinda lookin for a small cheaper power amp now..........I've got a 4space rack so it'll work out perfect, of course if the right deal were to come along for a trade, then I'd still do that too...........thanks for the help...........and if I had the money that 500 would be mine.........someone should grab it...........