Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Swr Super Redhead Combo

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by liran, Apr 11, 2002.

1. liran

liran

Dec 18, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    Do you think a 1 year used super readhead combo for $1000 is a good deal. It's in perfect condition. The seller is my bass teacher. Do you think that this combo is a good combo for playing some pretty big clubs, and is it good for easy transport, and is it durable? Any other knowledge on it would be greatly appreciated thank you. :)

2. some guy#2

some guy#2

Feb 3, 2001
    Just checked Ebay...NOW I'm not saying you should roll the dice there BUT you could use it to drive down the price a little. There is one (allegedly MINT/ good pic) going for a ButItNow price of 825.!

In completed auctions including shipping that price (1000.) seems comparable.

What do they retail for?
    How much are they getting for them new?

Now go out there & haggle!!!
    ;)

edit/ regarding your other questions it is PRO quality gear (even those fail on occasion)
    check the SWR site for size & weight
    the rest is up to you

Good Luck

3. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    You can get 'em for $1,300 to $1,400 new, so $1,000 seems a bit high. I've seen a number of them locally for $800 or so. Unless you're talking about $Cn, then it's a great deal. That's the same as $250 Am.